Last week I showed you a super easy Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese and today, I’m here to entice your tastebuds with another ridiculously easy recipe, Skillet Spinach Lasagna. That’s right, you heard me correctly. I said skillet, as in lasagna without turning on your oven. I know. I know! Two recipes in a row where we keep the heat out of your kitchen. What can I say, this spring-like weather is giving me alllllll the feels… Oh and did I mention this lasagna cook up in under 30 minutes? Yup! This means you no longer have to save lasagna for those times when you have all day to cook. If you’re anything like me, those days of leisurely cooking for hours are long gone! My life now is all about maximum taste with minimal effort and this recipe definitely qualifies. If you are super busy like me but love to eat, let me be your source for no-stress cooking. We got this.
Spinach Skillet Lasagna
1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
1 large egg
3/4 cup spinach, chopped small
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggianocheese
1 3/4 cup tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 box no-boil lasagna, broken into pieces
1. In a large bowl, whisk together ricotta cheese, egg, spinach, garlic, salt, pepper, nutmeg and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
2. Coat the bottom of a 9-inch skillet with about 1/3 cup of tomato sauce.
3. Break lasagna sheets up into roughly 3-4 large pieces.
4. Cover the bottom of the skillet with the broken lasagna pieces, using enough to make a single layer while overlapping the pieces slightly.
5. Spread about 1/3 of the recite mixture over the bottom, 1/3 of the shredded mozzarella and a1/3 of the sauce. Repeat this layering technique until all of your ingredients are used up ending with some sauce and mozzarella on top.
6. Cover with a lid or foil and simmer until the lasagna is cooked and the cheese melts, 20 minutes. Remove the cover and allow lasagna to cook for 5 minutes more. Turn off the heat and allow lasagna to rest for a few minutes before slicing. Garnish with chopped fresh spinach if desired.